Service Charge Accounting
We have developed our reputation as one of the leading service charge accountants in London for both commercial and residential properties.
We are currently providing our services from self-managed flats to one of the leading managing agents in the UK.
We are proud in providing our services to over 300 service charge clients Nationwide.
We provide all Service charges accounting and related service under one roof including but not limited to;
- Preparation and certification of Service charges accounts
- Preparation and submission of financial statements for RMC’s & RTMCos’s
- Corporation Tax
- Statutory and company secretarial services
- Trust tax returns
- Registered office and mail forwarding services
- Implementation of accounting system for new clients
- Assisting in handovers
- Training your inhouse accountant/bookkeeper
- Assisting PM’s in complex area of service charges in accordance with the lease
Guidance on accounting and reporting in relation to service charge accounts for residential properties on which variable service charges are paid in accordance with a lease or tenancy agreement. The guidance was prepared by a joint working group comprising representatives of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, ICAEW, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland, the Association of Residential Managing Agents and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Published in October 2011.
- Appendix A of TECH 03/11 Residential service charge accounts provides an overview of the law governing residential variable service charges.
ICAEW Previous updates
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
- Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002
- The Approval of Code of Management Practice (Residential Management) (Service Charges) (England) Order 2009
Full text of the Statutory Instrument (SI 2009/512) as enacted.
service charge accounting